Breakfast at the Bellaire B&B
Each night we looked forward to coming here for
the fire, hot chocolate and cookies after a long day of skiing. Erika
Sample Breakfast Menu
Coffee, Decaffeinated coffee, Milk
Assorted Teas and Hot Chocolates
Orange juice, White Grape with Peach Juice
Orange Blueberry Bread
Peach French Toast
Fresh Fruit Platter with Honey Dew Melon, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Grapes and Kiwi Fruit
3 cold cereal selections
Bagels and Cream Cheeses
We try to accommodate food allergies and/or dietary restrictions.
Raspberry Almond Stuffed French Toast
(6 servings - 2 slices each)
1 (8 - ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
12 ( 3/4 inch thick) slices day-old brioche, challah, or other egg bread (about one-pound loaf)
1 cup fresh raspberries
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup half-an-half, light cream, or milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
1. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and almond extract.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
3. Top half of the slices with raspberries.
4. Top with remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down to create "sandwiches."
5. Combine beaten eggs, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla and salt in a shallow bowl.
6. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning carefully to coat both sides.
7. Place sandwiches on a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
8. Bake in 425° F oven 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once after approximately 8 minutes.
9. Garnish with fresh fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with warm maple syrup, if desired.